Thursday, February 18, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls

Yes, you heard correctly! Dan and I found out late last week that we are having two baby girls! We are completely thrilled. I have to be honest, this is what I was praying for! After growing up with sisters, I have to say that I would be sad to have a daughter that didn't have the chance to have a sister! Mine are so precious to me and I know that our girls will be so close. I am so happy to be their mommy! What a great day that was!
Dan is super excited and had guessed this outcome all along. Ever since we got married and even mentioned children, he has been convinced that we would have 3 little girls. Well, we are 2/3rds of the way there now! He is going to be the best daddy! I told him that he was going to have 2 of the best friends he could ever want in his two daughters. I know that my sisters and I are so close to my dad and I hope that for my new crew!
A couple of weeks ago I joined a club here in Louisville for mothers of twins. This past weekend they had a big consignment sale and my mother-in-law, Donna, and I went together. This was quite the adventure as it was kind of like the blind leading the blind, or dumb and dumber as she stated! We laughed hysterically as we went from section to section wondering what several of the items even were- it was a hoot! We did however leave with some treasures for the baby girls- 2 very nice car seats and a fabulous glider for their room! I also had the chance to meet some great girls who were very encouraging and super sweet. I think that I am going to like being a part of this group.
We have our next doctor's appt on 3/11. Until then please continue to pray for us and our sweet angel girls! We are all so excited for you to meet them~

No comments:

Post a Comment